Sonntag, 22. Februar 2009

It's dinner time!

The 22th of February is always a special day in my life. 29 years ago my parents tied the knot in Berlin-Neukölln, the same day Mrs. Sabine D. gave birth to her first son, who is now and forever the man in my life (and I DON'T believe in destiny).

Since the man wasn't interested in celebrating his day in any way, I had no bad conscience to spent some time wth my parents and my brother. We decided to have dinner at La Mano Verde, Berlin's first 100% vegan restaurant. Three month ago I applied for a job there, but decided not to take the job due to the bad working atmosphere, so I wasn't really neutral...

After a bad start with the waitress (you should never argue with a customer!), my parents started the menue with a tomatoe-coconut soup, my brother choosed the Avocado Gazpacho and I had some sushi.


Everything tasted really good and made us feel for more.
The main course was amazing to all of us. My gyros plate surprised me, since I didn't expect anything interesting by ordering typical snack stall food. The other orders were two filled flaky pastries, a mushroom risotto and astonishing exquisite mushroom ravioli.


After two hours of eating, talking and laughing my dad and I ended our gluttony by having Mousse au chocolat and a coconut cream. The cream was simply perfect, it was not too sweet, had a full but not too pushy coco taste and was topped-off with a fresh mango sauce. I can't wait to eat this in summer again.

I don't remember the last time I had such a nice evening with so much good food. The La Mano Verde exceeded all my expectaions, it is a restaurant I can really recommend to every one who wants eat in an exalted setting with interesting and remarkable vegan dishes, herivore or not!

La Mano Verde
Wiesbadener Straße 79
12161 Berlin

1 Kommentar:

  1. I wish I was in Berlin to try it! - hopefully some day :)

    AntwortenLöschen